Last updated: October 22. 2013 10:10AM - 1436 Views

Durant Democrat photos: Zach MaxwellDurant firefighters arrive at Sherrer's Restaurant on Saturday for a call of an electrical fire.
Durant Democrat photos: Zach MaxwellDurant firefighters arrive at Sherrer's Restaurant on Saturday for a call of an electrical fire.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

An electrical short caused a small amount of smoke at a local restaurant on Saturday.


The Durant Fire Department was dispatched at 4:58 p.m. to Sherrer’s Restaurant on South Ninth Avenue after a call about smoke coming from the ceiling. When they arrived, they discovered that wiring to a neon sign had shorted out which caused smoldering inside a wall.


It was put out with a fire extinguisher and firefighters used a fan to clear the building of smoke. Damage was minimal, according to the fire department.


Owner Leon Sherrer was there when it happened which was a few minutes before opening time for the evening. The restaurant, in business since 1948, was immediately open for business that evening.


 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Durant Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com