Quantcast


Last updated: March 05. 2014 10:04AM - 644 Views
By - mswearengin@civitasmedia.com



Durant firefighters are shown at a house fire late Tuesday morning at 702 Chuckwa St.
Durant firefighters are shown at a house fire late Tuesday morning at 702 Chuckwa St.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A dropped cigarette is believed to be the cause of a fire that damaged a small house near the Southeastern campus Tuesday, according to the Durant Fire Department.


Firefighters were dispatched at 10:49 a.m. to 702 Chuckwa St. and when they arrived two minutes later, there was a fire in the area of the front door.


According to a fire department report, the fire burned a hole in the floor and up the wall beside the door. They put out the fire and had the utility services turned off.


City Fire Marshal Wade Boyd said a dropped cigarette appeared to be the cause of the fire. No one was home when the fire started and firefighters left the scene at 11:45 a.m.


Matt Swearengin can be reached at 924-4388 or DDDEditor@Twitter.com


Comments
All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Durant Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com