It’s time for the Bryan County Free Fair that is being held today through Sept. 9 at the Clay Jones Community Center and Fairgrounds, 1901 S. 9th Ave.
The fair is a county tradition that offers something for the whole family. Exhibits will range from home-grown crops to homemade foods to technology. There will be several fun contests Friday and Saturday that do not need a lot of advance preparation. Following are those contests and some other activities for this year’s fair:
Today, Judging Day
Fair Exhibits Judging Day, Community Building and Haggard Hall closed for judging, 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Poultry & Rabbit, entries 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., judging at 4:30 P.M.
Barns open for livestock entries, 1:00 P.M.
4-H Consumer Judging Contest – 6:00 P.M., Haggard Hall (Corrected Time)
Fair Opens for Viewing, 3:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Carnival Opens, 6:00 – 10:00 P.M, Armband Night
Sheep Show, 5:00 PM, Expo Arena
Swine Show, 7:00 PM, Expo Arena
Friday, September 8, School Day & Family Night
Poultry & Rabbit Building open for viewing 8:30 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Exhibit Buildings Open for Viewing, 9:00 A.M – 9:00 P.M.
Livestock Judging Contest, 9:30 A.M., Expo Arena
· Goats Show, 6:00 P.M., Expo Arena
Carnival Opens, 6:00 P.M.
Cutest Critter Contest, 6:00 P.M., Haggard Hall
Bubble Gum Blowing Contest, 6:30 P.M., Haggard Hall
Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest, 7:00 P.M., Haggard Hall
Saturday, September 9
Poultry & Rabbit Exhibits Open 9:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
· Exhibits Open for Viewing, 9:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
· Beef Show, 8:30 A.M., Bucket Calf Show following beef show, Expo Arena
· Pancake Races, 10:00 A.M., Community Building
· Best Cookie Contest, 11:00 A.M., Community Building, entries due at 10:30
· Open Horse Show, 1:00 P.M., Outdoor Arena
· Super Salsa Contest, 2:00 P.M., Community Building, entries due at 1:30
· Carnival Opens, 6:00 P.M.
· Live Entertainment, 8:00 P.M., Outdoor Stage
· All animals will be released, 9:00 P.M.
· Community Building will close at 9:30 PM
NEW Monday, September 11
· Release 4-H & Open Class exhibits, 8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
So make plans to visit the entire fair with your family and friends. Come and enjoy all the many activities planned. Shop variety of treasures and baked goods at the OHCE Country Store. Eat tasty foods such as hamburgers and hotdogs at the 4-H Concession Stand located in Haggard Hall. For more information about the fair, contact the Bryan County OSU Extension Office at 924-5312. The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service offers its program to all eligible persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submitted by the Bryan County OSU Extension Office.