Firefighters put out mattress fire


Staff report



Staff report

Durant firefighters responded Sunday to an apartment at Sooner Apartments after being dispatched to investigate a smoke odor.

When firefighters arrived, they found a mattress burning and they used a water cannon to put out the fire, according to a DFD report.

City Fire Marshal Wade Boyd investigated the fire and determined the apartment unit did not have electricity, the report stated, and there were many cigarette butts on a coffee table beside the bed.

The tenant told firefighters he did not remember if he had been smoking when he was last in the room. The fire was ruled accidental.

Staff report

comments powered by Disqus