An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper hospitalized from injuries in a pursuit has been released from the hospital.
Trooper David McCutcheon was released Tuesday afternoon, according to OHP.
McCutcheon was injured Saturday evening after using his patrol car for a tactical maneuver to stop a man eluding police, according to authorities.
OHP said 24-year-old Marcus Ray Smith led troopers on a high-speed chase and that he ran a roadblock at Fisher Station and Highway 70 before crashing at Cardinal Drive. Smith was charged Monday with felony eluding police and attempting to avoid a roadblock.
According to OHP, the vehicle driven by Smith almost struck other vehicles.
OHP asks that if anyone was almost hit during the chase to call them at 924-2601 and leave a name and number.
In other news, two suspects in a Sunday shooting at Blue were charged Tuesday.
Fifty-one-year-old Darwin Harp and twenty-six-year-old Casey Shackelford II were charged with felony assault and battery with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor assault and battery.
According to the Bryan County Sheriff’s Office, Angela Watkins was shot in the hand during an altercation at a Crepe Myrtle Road residence. Both men were arrested.
The sheriff’s office is also investigating a shooting Tuesday that happened near Wade. No one was injured, according to the sheriff’s office, and the incident was the result of a family dispute involving land.
The sheriff’s office said on its Facebook page that no one was arrested and evidence gathered at the scene will be sent to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation laboratory. The investigation is ongoing.
Durant firefighters responded to several incidents Tuesday. They were dispatched at 5:09 p.m. to 623 N. Third Ave. where a woman mowing struck a gas line near the garage. Firefighters shut off the gas at the meter.
Firefighters were dispatched at 10:11 p.m. to an office at 307 W. Elm St. When firefighters arrived, a woman told them she noticed a plug and cord was unusually warm after unplugging a space heater. Firefighters checked the electrical outlet and discovered it was warm. They told her to contact an electrician before using it again.
They responded at 9:13 a.m. to a smoke investigation at 18710 Cedar Ridge Circle. Firefighters smelled an odor in the home but could not find any smoke or evidence of a fire.
Contact Matt Swearengin at 634-2160 or DDDEditor@Twitter.com.