Last updated: September 26. 2013 10:26AM - 1395 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A funeral service is pending for an infant boy who died in a fire in Kenefic on Tuesday.


Holmes-Coffey-Murray Funeral Home will be handling the service for Faron Ray Wilson, who was 18 months old.


The boy died early Tuesday afternoon at a mobile home that caught fire in Kenefic. Two, people, who were unable to rescue the boy, were treated for smoke inhalation, according to the Oklahoma Fire Marshals Office. The woman at the home went to her father’s house nearby for help.


Sam Schafnitt, operations chief for the fire marshals office, said the fire is still under investigation, but that it appears to be accidental.


The home, located on Highway 22, was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived. Caddo firefighters were the first to arrive and they were assisted by the Durant Fire Department. The fire is believed to have started in a bedroom.


In other fires, a fire was started in a vacant house Wednesday in Durant at West Texas Street and North 12th Avenue. Durant firefighters were dispatched at 9:48 p.m. after a large amount of smoke was observed in the area. When they arrived, firefighters found a small fire in the bedroom of a vacant house.


According to a fire department report, the fire burned a hole approximately two feet in diameter on the floor. The house is in poor condition and neighbors told firefighters children and other people enter the home on a regular basis.

Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Mortgage Minute