The fire department received the call at approximately 9:35 a.m. Friday, and upon arrival found smoke issuing from a front door of the duplex, according to the report. The firefighters entered through the front east door and found the fire had started in the bedroom and moved into the attic.
The resident was not home, but the neighbor in the other side of the duplex was removed from her unit, which sustained smoke damage.
Damage was estimated at $20,000 to the structure and $2,000 to the unit's contents.
The Fire Marshall is investigating, but no determination has been made as to what started the fire.