A mobile home in Kenefic caught fire at approximately 3:30 this morning. The home was occupied by a woman and her two children; all three escaped the house fire safely.
Caddo Volunteer Fire Chief Todd Miller said the fire started at the breaker box, which was located in the teenager's bedroom.
The popping at the breaker caused the teen to awake. When he looked, he saw the box sparking. The sparks caught the carpet on fire. Miller said the teenager reported he had put water on the fire, but the fire continued to spread.
Firefighters were called to the scene, but when they arrived the home was totally engulfed with flames. They were on the scene two and a half hours and the home was a total loss.