School Superintendent John Tuck told KOCO-TV Madill Elementary was evacuated Wednesday after students and staff complained of nausea, dizziness and fatigue. Tuck says those who became ill were examined by paramedics and some were taken to area hospitals for treatment.
The Madill Fire Department has checked the school for signs of a possible gas leak and carbon monoxide poisoning, but nothing was found to indicate either are the cause.
Tuck said classes won’t be held Thursday to allow time for state health officials to investigate and for the campus to be disinfected for possible viruses.
Elementary students were sent to the middle school until their parents could pick them up.