The outside of a building caught fire and ignited a grass fire Wednesday evening in Durant, according to the Durant Fire Department.
Firefighters were dispatched at 5:09 to 66 Three Mile Road for a fire that was first disclosed to be a grass fire. When firefighters arrived five minutes later, they noticed the south side and southeast corner of a building was on fire. Firefighters radioed for another fire engine and they put out the fire which was contained to the exterior of the structure. Firefighters on the brush truck put out the grass fire.
According to a department report, the fire appeared to have started from an electrical outlet on the outside wall. Mike Murphey is the property owner.
In other fires, firefighters put out two fires on Tuesday. They put out a hay stack that was smoldering on South Third Avenue, and a trash fire on Lynnwood Drive.