Highway 70 at Silo Road was closed for a little more than an hour Tuesday after cow feed made from fat spilled out of a truck onto the roadway.
The spill, which made the roadway slick, happened at 7:40 pm. Traffic was blocked until Durant firefighters used approximately 100 pounds of absorbent to soak up the spill, according to a fire department report.
Authorities cleared the roadway and opened it up for traffic at 8:43 p.m.
In other emergency calls Tuesday, firefighters were dispatched at 11:50 a.m. to 704 Stonebrook Way after the owner saw smoke coming from the house. When firefighters arrived, smoke was barely visible. They entered the home and found a small fire on the bedroom floor that was put out with a pitcher of water.
According to the fire department, the owner said she had lit a candle in the bedroom and she then went outside to retrieve cleaning supplies. When she opened the front door to go back inside, she saw smoke and her cat ran out of the house.
A curtain and a bench were lightly burned, according to a department report, and firefighters left the scene at 12:15 p.m.
Firefighters responded at 4:05 p.m. to the third floor of the Bryan County Courthouse for a smoke investigation. Firefighters checked the attic and breaker boxes and there was no fire. The ballasts on fluorescent lights and an air conditioning unit were also checked. No problems were discovered.
Firefighters were dispatched at 4:59 p.m. to Save-A-Lot Foods on West Main Street after a freezer arced and made a loud popping sound. Firefighters investigated and there was no fire.
A brush fire was put out at 1002 Parkview Drive. Firefighters arrived at 8:15 p.m. and used approximately 400 gallons of water to put out the fire.