Calera Fire Chief Kevin Carlton said the cause of the explosion was an accidental gas leak inside the house. He said there were no injuries from the explosion and nobody was at the home during the explosion.
Caddo and Durant Firefighters responded to a house fire later that evening at 418 S. Cubley Street.
The Fire Marshall’s report said the Communication Center dispatched Caddo Volunteer Firefighters first and then dispatched the Durant Firefighters shortly after.
The report said James Sutherland’s mobile home was fully engulfed in flames when the crew arrived and within a few minutes the roof collapsed.
The Fire Marshall’s report said Caddo Firefighters were able to supply water and manpower to the dispatched crews.
The report said Firefighters were on the scene for over an hour and the home was a complete loss.