Cantrell DISD Teacher of the Year
The Boulder is just a memory now
Council recognizes hero
More than 1,000 take photo with Santa
REI Oklahoma celebrates 35 years in Durant
- Christmas dinner served to Olympians - 11:14 am
- Candidates seek County Commissioner seat - 11:13 am
- Fall Commencement at Southeastern set for Saturday - 11:45 am
- School board candidates file - 2:21 pm
- Man charged with robbery - 2:18 pm
- Choctaw University Leadership Program merits national honor - 6:01 pm
- Man sentenced to prison for accident that killed child - 5:51 pm
- Book presentation held at museum - 5:51 pm
- Shop with a Cop needs donations - 2:59 pm
- 2017 Durant Chamber of Commerce Christmas Parade - 2:58 pm
- Christmas Tree lit at Market Square - 6:11 pm
- Christmas activities held at SE - 6:11 pm
- Grants available for rural communities in Bryan County - 6:50 am
- State superintendent visits early childhood center - 3:58 pm updated: 5:50 pm.
- Poet Wallace guest at Southeastern - 8:59 pm updated: 9:18 pm.
- Young philanthropists are in training - 8:24 pm
- Democrat to be mailed beginning Tuesday - 8:23 pm
- Teen in ICU after wreck - 8:23 pm
- Book signing to be held Sunday at museum - 8:23 pm
- Pruett’s begin remodel - 6:36 pm updated: 8:15 pm.
- Ex-Oklahoma lawmaker pleads guilty to child sex trafficking - 6:34 pm
- Alpha Chi inducts new members - 6:34 pm
- Southeastern partners to mentor kids in OJA program - 6:34 pm
- Firefighters respond to storage, kitchen and grass fires - 8:42 pm
- Durant Green School Program earns three Environmental Excellence Awards - 8:42 pm
Christmas Tree lit at Market Square
Durant Main Street Christmas tree lighting took place Tuesday night just before the Durant Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Christmas parade.Stephan...
Christmas activities held at SE
Southeastern Oklahoma State University hosted holiday events on Monday.Santa Claus and entertainment was featured on the Magnolia House front lawn. Hi...
Grants available for rural communities in Bryan County
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Carolyn Watson Rural Oklahoma Community Foundation is accepting grant applications for projects in Bryan County communities ...
State superintendent visits early childhood center
Oklahoma State Superintendent of Public Instruction Joy Hofmeister toured the Robert E. Lee Early Childhood Center Monday morning.She traveled from Ok...
Poet Wallace guest at Southeastern
Durant’s award winning poet Laureate Ron Wallace has released another book in his series of poetry.He was invited to be a guest reader at Southe...
Another season of Bowl Mania kicks off Saturday
Ho, ho, ho! ’Tis the season for eyestrain overload.We all know it as bowl season. We all know there are far too many bowl games. Most of us don&...
DHS comebacks fall short in Lion Classic finales
Late comeback bids fell short for both the Durant Lady Lions and Lions on the final day of the 28th Annual Durant Lion Classic on Saturday.The Lady Li...
Durant grapplers take second at rugged Madill Duals
MADILL - Strong early season showings continued for the Durant High wrestling team as they went 4-1 to place second in the rugged Madill Dual Tourname...
Area Basketball Roundup
Bennington 35, Colbert 22 (boys)A nearly dead even first half turned all toward the host Bears in the second half as they pulled away to the Benningto...
Lady Lions post first win in rout of U.S. Grant
Durant’s Lady Lions scored 25 straight points in the second half to cruise to their first victory of the year in a 64-21 romp over Class 6A U.S....
As late archery continues, early post rut can be good
While most deer hunters in the Texomaland area take their vacation days in early to mid November each season, I’m not so sure that the days afte...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
NWH students write about Thanksgiving
Third grade students in Sheri Cavender’s class at Northwest Heights wrote stories about the first Thanksgiving and what they were thankful for. ...
Bryan County Medicine from 1910-1950
This article doesn’t focus on the politics of medicine, but it must begin with a basic understanding of the times. If statehood brought better e...
Umsted represents state of Oklahoma as guest speaker
Jane Semple Umsted, local professional Choctaw artist and member of the GFWC-OK Fortnightly Club of Durant, represented the State of Oklahoma, Choctaw...
Tips for using leftover turkey
Part of the pleasure of a Thanksgiving is the aroma of a turkey baking in your oven. Continue that great feeling by planning post-holiday dishes with ...
God is good to His people
I Chronicles 16:8Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.This passage of scripture comes from the time wh...
Resident says city makes ‘bad deals’
Why does the City of Durant make bad deals?In 2006, the city of Durant entered into a contract with North Star Development to extend Larkspur Lane to ...
Many elderly are ashamed to speak of abuse
Abuse is a word that most people do not like to talk about. Abuse happens all over the world, which is scary in itself. It has been reported that thou...
Win some, lose some
I apologize for taking so long to write, but I have been extremely busy with our state budget. I am proud to have completed the 56th Legislative Sessi...
Oklahoma’s death penalty is a failed public policy
Earlier this month, the Oklahoma Death Penalty Review Commission issued their findings after spending a year examining our capital punishment system. ...
I have received numerous questions about teacher pay raises. The House passed a bill for teacher pay raises and has a plan for funding it, but it is u...
Working to Preserve Services for District 19
I have spoken to people at the Department of Human Services, and they indicate they have no plans to close the Antler’s office. They said these ...