New company to bring ‘new culture’
New company to bring ‘new culture’
Barrett retires from Bryan County EMS
‘Saturday Night Fever’ for the class of 1977
‘The Class of 57 had its Dreams’
- Beat the heat with a summer treat - 9:16 pm
- School board met earlier for July - 7:42 pm updated: 9:20 pm.
- New 4 lane is open to traffic - 7:25 pm
- Durant Skate Park - 5:39 am
- Johnson elected as SHEEO chair-elect - 10:10 pm
- OSF holds spud fundraiser - 6:06 pm
- 10 time Grammy winner Carlos Santana turns 7o - 3:02 pm updated: 5:31 am.
- Governor hopeful visits Durant - 7:08 pm
- State Superintendent visits Durant High - 6:30 pm
- Speaker removes budget committee chair - 11:42 pm
- SE receives NSF grant to enhance High Performance Computing - 11:42 pm
- Masons dedicate cornerstone during courthouse centennial - 11:41 pm
- Time capsule opened for courthouse centennial - 11:41 pm
- Simmons Bridge opens across Red River - 7:26 pm updated: 11:43 pm.
- Bryan County Courthouse Centennial Celebration held - 10:36 am
- New company to bring ‘new culture’ - 10:32 am
- AllianceHealth Durant collaborates with OHA to present Successful Tobacco Treatment Initiative - 9:26 am
- Achille teacher planning ‘Blessing Boxes’ - 9:25 am
- Dills sworn into Durant City Council. - 8:04 pm updated: 11:06 pm.
- Lemonade to help a friend - 10:41 am
- Former State Senator Johnson to speak - 10:40 am
- George’s Drive In undergoes renovation - 11:11 pm updated: 11:20 pm.
- Election recount results the same - 10:55 pm
- Democrats snatch 2 statehouse seats - 11:29 am
- LeAnn Rimes at Grand Theater - 11:30 pm
Speaker removes budget committee chair
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The speaker of the Oklahoma House has replaced the head of the powerful House Appropriations and Budget Committee amid a di...
SE receives NSF grant to enhance High Performance Computing
Southeastern Oklahoma State University, in collaboration with Northeastern, Rogers State, and Southwestern, will receive a grant from the National Sci...
Masons dedicate cornerstone during courthouse centennial
The Bryan County Courthouse has turned 100 years old and a centennial celebration was held all day Saturday. On July 4, 1917, the Oklahoma Masonic Lod...
Time capsule opened for courthouse centennial
A Duke & Ayres paper sack containing post cards was inside the time capsule.Durant Three Valley Museum Curator Nancy Ferris is shown with items re...
Simmons Bridge opens across Red River
The Sgt. Anthony Simmons Veterans Memorial Bridge is open. The Carpenter’s Bluff Bridge is adjacent to the new four-lane concrete bridge crossin...
Bryan County Courthouse Centennial Celebration held
The Bryan County Courthouse Centennial Celebration was held Saturday. Many events were held throughout the day, including a cornerstone ceremony by th...
Lady Lion Opening Day
New Durant High School softball coach Cody Little tosses a ball to a batter during hitting drills on the first official day of fast pitch softball pra...
Calera’s Ross Davis to join OCA Hall of Fame
Former Calera High School basketball player and coach Ross Davis will be inducted into the Oklahoma Coaches Association Hall of Fame on Saturday, July...
Monster bombers dominate
Where have the small-medium-large people gone?I wanted to see the changes major league baseball made to the home run derby, so I tuned it in Monday ni...
Summer a great time to pass on fishing love
As the old summertime church youth camp song goes, it only takes a spark to get a fire going.True in building a campfire and in passing along faith fr...
Caddo Regional Champions
Caddo had OK Kids regional baseball champions over the weekend in both Coach Pitch and Peewee divisions to move on to their respective state tournamen...
Sooner football ranking shift; Democrat receives honors
Seems like we knocked off the first six months of 2017 in about three months, but time flies when you’re having fun.Saw something about Oklahoma...
Dill to celebrate 106th birhday
Clint Dill, better known to many as Papa Dill, will celebrate his 106th birthday on July 10.He will be celebrating his birthday with friends, family a...
Beta Sigma Phi holds meeting
On June 29, six member of Laureate Alpha Xi Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi met in the home of President, LaWanda Lynn. While sharing thoughts while sitting...
DAV Service Officers available to assist vets
The Disabled American Veterans Chapter 26 in Durant will be offering daily service officers for veterans and their families. The Chapter, located in t...
OSF Children’s Theatre
The Oklahoma Shakespearean Festival Children’s Theatre Workshop is presenting Disney’s “The Lion King at 2 and 7 p.m. today and 2 p....
Outdoor grilling requires same food safety practices as indoor cooking
There is nothing quite like the smell of a food on the grill at family reunions or just getting together with a few friends.Although many people enjoy...
I have received numerous questions about teacher pay raises. The House passed a bill for teacher pay raises and has a plan for funding it, but it is u...
Working to Preserve Services for District 19
I have spoken to people at the Department of Human Services, and they indicate they have no plans to close the Antler’s office. They said these ...
April showers bring May flowers
There has always been the old saying “April Showers bring May flowers.” When this statement is being said, it seems to bring a smile to pe...
What’s a town hall meeting all about?
Town hall meetings are a long-standing tradition in the United States. It is reported that some small New England towns still have town hall meetings,...
An apology and an explanation
I want to apologize for getting obviously upset at a Chamber of Commerce meeting in Atoka. A person who always is very vocal in voicing their opinion ...
A look at current legislation
I would like to start this report by advising that I continue to receive great reports on my health. God had been very good to me, and cancer has not ...