The graves of Bonnie and Clyde
New company to bring ‘new culture’
New company to bring ‘new culture’
Barrett retires from Bryan County EMS
‘Saturday Night Fever’ for the class of 1977
- Rare eclipse takes place Monday - 11:50 pm updated: 11:54 pm.
- Bike night held for veterans - 11:47 pm
- Local star athletes promote positivity - 10:40 pm updated: 11:08 pm.
- One-way streets by Durant Intermediate School - 11:40 pm
- People assemble at Courthouse gazebo to support monument - 7:56 pm
- Kids are back in school - 1:47 am
- Resignations and hirings for Durant Schools - 4:59 pm
- Possible pipe bomb contained after suspect’s arrest - 4:17 pm updated: 1:46 am.
- Drive sober or get pulled over - 11:04 pm
- Sheriff warrant round up continues - 11:02 pm updated: 6:33 am.
- Fort Washita to show community movie ‘Beauty and the Beast’ - 10:25 am
- Durant Historical Society to participate in community revitalization - 10:25 am
- Sheriff Christian doing warrant round up - 10:25 am
- Caddo Community Association plans October event - 10:24 am
- Little Big Town plays Choctaw Grand Theater - 10:23 pm
- Tommy Kramer to retire from DIA - 9:15 pm
- Candidate for governor to speak to local Democrats - 10:38 am
- Bryan County Court Clerk receives certification - 10:37 am
- Local Democrats to be busy - 10:37 am
- Calera High School pouring concrete soon - 7:28 pm updated: 10:36 am.
- Courthouse restoration continues with roof repair - 10:02 pm updated: 12:47 am.
- Reprimand issued by Choctaw Nation - 8:56 pm
- Vacation Bible School held - 9:47 pm updated: 10:27 am.
- Council meets for August - 9:08 pm updated: 10:26 am.
- Thrasher and Harper honored at Fair Appreciation Luncheon - 2:49 pm
Sheriff warrant round up continues
Bryan County Sheriff Johnny Christian provided an update to the warrant roundup for violent offenders that has been taking place this week in the coun...
Fort Washita to show community movie ‘Beauty and the Beast’
The Chickasaw Nation will host an outdoor showing of the 2017 movie “Beauty and the Beast,” 8 p.m., Aug. 19, at Fort Washita, 3348 State R...
Durant Historical Society to participate in community revitalization
Sixty-six community structures across Oklahoma have been chosen as projects for Fresh Paint Days. This Keep Oklahoma Beautiful (KOB) program is design...
Sheriff Christian doing warrant round up
Bryan County Sheriff’s Office personnel are rounding up non-compliant violent offenders in a strategically planned event this week.Sheriff Johnn...
Caddo Community Association plans October event
Caddo Community Association met in the home of Peggy Hall, on Tuesday, August 4, 2017. The meeting was devoted to planning the agenda for Heritage Day...
Little Big Town plays Choctaw Grand Theater
Little Big Town performed their hits Friday night including “Girl Crush.” Here Kimberly Schlapman, Karen Fairchild and Phillip Sweet enjoy...
Christmas coming early for Southeastern sports fans
Only 128 shopping days before Christmas – if we’re allowed to have Christmas this year.That’s absolutely not a given with so many id...
Young angler lands new Texoma record white bass
Back in the good old days - which probably weren’t nearly as good as I like to remember them - it was pretty easy to keep up with outdoors news ...
Bruin gridders prep for scrimmage
Caddo head coach Jeremy Proctor instructs during tackling drills on a hot Tuesday afternoon practice. The Bruins began full pad workouts this week and...
Silo pulls away from Calera, 4-2
SILO – After suffering their first loss of the season on Saturday, it didn’t take the Silo Lady Rebels long to bounce back with wins over ...
Lions continue gridiron work
New Durant High football assistant Morris Sloan talks to players as head coach Ray Richards looks on after conditioning drills following Monday mornin...
Caddo’s magical run reaches Rock Creek title tilt
Magical games where everything seems to go right on the diamond come along every so often. Magical days where things seem to go in your direction are ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Bryan County Free Fair approaches
The Bryan County Free Fair is scheduled for September 6th through the 9th. With the fair being only a few weeks away, it’s time to start getting...
Masseys celebrate anniversary
Odes and Nancy Massey of Surprise, Arizona, former residents of Durant, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in Kauai, Hawaii. Their children are...
Bryan County 4-H’ers named state winners at 96th State 4-H Roundup
STILLWATER – Four Bryan County 4-H’ers were recognized for their outstanding 4-H work during the 96th State 4-H Roundup that took place on...
Eager OHCE holds birthday luncheon
The Eager OHCE (Oklahoma Home and Community Education) group met June 20 in the home of Arleta Curtis for their traditional birthday/salad lunch and b...
Oklahoma Troopers Spouses Organization partners with Red Cross for blood drives
The Oklahoma Troopers Spouses Organization and the American Red Cross invite area residents to roll up a sleeve and help save a life at the inaugural ...
I have received numerous questions about teacher pay raises. The House passed a bill for teacher pay raises and has a plan for funding it, but it is u...
Working to Preserve Services for District 19
I have spoken to people at the Department of Human Services, and they indicate they have no plans to close the Antler’s office. They said these ...
April showers bring May flowers
There has always been the old saying “April Showers bring May flowers.” When this statement is being said, it seems to bring a smile to pe...
What’s a town hall meeting all about?
Town hall meetings are a long-standing tradition in the United States. It is reported that some small New England towns still have town hall meetings,...
An apology and an explanation
I want to apologize for getting obviously upset at a Chamber of Commerce meeting in Atoka. A person who always is very vocal in voicing their opinion ...
A look at current legislation
I would like to start this report by advising that I continue to receive great reports on my health. God had been very good to me, and cancer has not ...