Apartments burn during holiday fire
Water customers have a more convenient way to pay their bill
Marty Cook named Public Works Director for the City of Durant
Crew repairs roof on City Hall
Veterans honored in parade
- Williams thanks her rescuer - 7:10 pm
- Durant wins Keep Oklahoma Beautiful awards - 5:25 pm
- School board candidate filing set to begin Dec. 4 - 3:06 pm
- Choctaw Cultural Services joins Red Earth Treefest - 4:49 pm
- Museum to host holiday open house - 4:49 pm
- FFF Thanksgiving Dinner - 4:49 pm
- Apartments burn during holiday fire - 10:59 am updated: 5:20 pm.
- Transgender woman awarded $1M in discrimination lawsuit - 10:05 am
- Another budget special session is ahead - 1:56 pm
- Choctaw used toy drive to aid families in need - 1:49 pm
- Hazell featured on billboard - 9:24 pm
- Woman robbed on east side - 8:23 pm
- Firefighters put out fires - 6:58 pm
- Traditional Candlelighting event set at Southeastern - 6:29 pm
- Trash pickup days change for holidays - 9:41 pm updated: 8:54 am.
- Water customers have a more convenient way to pay their bill - 9:37 pm updated: 8:53 am.
- Oklahoma lawmakers OK budget fix - 8:29 pm
- Silo serves 1200 Thanksgiving meals - 9:01 pm
- FOP and City enter new era of cooperation - 9:01 pm
- Council has busy month - 9:48 pm
- Lawmakers near deal to raid savings accounts, cut budgets - 8:58 pm
- Marty Cook named Public Works Director for the City of Durant - 8:56 pm updated: 9:21 pm.
- Roma owner to talk to Democrat women - 8:55 pm
- Inaugural Magnolia Christmas Fest this weekend - 8:55 pm
- Democrats flip 1 more seat in Oklahoma’s GOP-led Legislature - 8:22 pm
Choctaw used toy drive to aid families in need
The season is hardly on the horizon. Still, Christmas joy is growing daily in the thoughts and hearts of many. Choctaw Nation’s Going Green prog...
Woman robbed on east side
Thursday afternoon around 4 p.m., Kay Allen was unloading her groceries from her car on the east side of Durant.Just a couple of blocks south of forme...
Firefighters put out fires
Durant firefighters have responded to a couple of small fires during the past few days.Friday, they were dispatched to 86 Brittney Drive where a cook ...
Traditional Candlelighting event set at Southeastern
Southeastern Oklahoma State University will host a number of holiday events on Monday, December 4.Santa Claus and entertainment will be featured from ...
Trash pickup days change for holidays
The City of Durant Solid Waste Department has their hands full with keeping the city clean for citizen customers.The holidays are fast approaching whi...
Davis headlines Durant High All-District honorees
Although they managed just two district victories this season, the Durant Lions had good representation on the All-District 5A-3 football squad with t...
Seven Bruins receive All-District honors
After finishing off the football campaign with a 5-5 record, including a solid five-game winning streak midseason, the Caddo Bruins were rewarded with...
Southeastern garners 11 All-Conference selections
A total of 11 Southeastern players have earned 12 All-Great American Conference honors, highlighted by first team selections for Justin Young and Joel...
Caddo survives Bennington in season opening sweep
BENNINGTON – Cold shooting was the story of the season opener for Bryan County favorite Caddo, but the Bruins were able to survive victorious de...
Oklahoma gun deer hunting begins Saturday
A year ago in this space, I noted that the Oklahoma gun deer season is kind of a big deal all across the Sooner State.“How big is the gun deer s...
Strong SE finish culminates adversity-filled 2017 season
This over here, that over there …Anybody – okay, not anybody —- lots of folks can coach when players are healthy and breaks are goin...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Umsted represents state of Oklahoma as guest speaker
Jane Semple Umsted, local professional Choctaw artist and member of the GFWC-OK Fortnightly Club of Durant, represented the State of Oklahoma, Choctaw...
Tips for using leftover turkey
Part of the pleasure of a Thanksgiving is the aroma of a turkey baking in your oven. Continue that great feeling by planning post-holiday dishes with ...
God is good to His people
I Chronicles 16:8Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.This passage of scripture comes from the time wh...
Parade of Homes to be held
SubmittedAs the holidays approach, it can only mean one thing. The Annual Parade of Homes is near. This is the largest fundraiser for the Durant Educa...
Have a sweet holiday with diabetes
It is the season of holiday festivities, rich foods and hearty meals. If you have diabetes the temptation to indulge is within reach. By planning ahea...
Scheduled outage for SEC members
Press releaseSEC will be making a major line and equipment upgrade Tuesday morning, November 14th beginning at approximately 9 a.m.Power will be disco...
Win some, lose some
I apologize for taking so long to write, but I have been extremely busy with our state budget. I am proud to have completed the 56th Legislative Sessi...
Oklahoma’s death penalty is a failed public policy
Earlier this month, the Oklahoma Death Penalty Review Commission issued their findings after spending a year examining our capital punishment system. ...
I have received numerous questions about teacher pay raises. The House passed a bill for teacher pay raises and has a plan for funding it, but it is u...
Working to Preserve Services for District 19
I have spoken to people at the Department of Human Services, and they indicate they have no plans to close the Antler’s office. They said these ...
April showers bring May flowers
There has always been the old saying “April Showers bring May flowers.” When this statement is being said, it seems to bring a smile to pe...
What’s a town hall meeting all about?
Town hall meetings are a long-standing tradition in the United States. It is reported that some small New England towns still have town hall meetings,...